Our last stop was in Solomon's, MD, with Jes and Shaun and their kids, Siena, Isabella (Biz), and Patrick. Jes was my roommate freshman year at the Naval Academy and Shaun was also in my class. I visited them in Japan way back in the summer of 2006 so it was high time for another visit.
Dan loved Patrick and all of his cars and trucks and toys. I hope Patrick didn't mind having a little shadow for the day! Dan wasn't so sure of Biz's bunny rabbits. He wanted to get close enough to look at them but he definitely did not want them out of their cage and hopping around. Until we were getting ready to leave on Monday morning, of course, when he suddenly became fascinated by them and didn't want to go.
Siena is 13 (!) and absolutely wonderful with kids. I wish we lived closer because she would be my on-call baby-sitter. She gave Dan his bath and read to him before bed and loved sitting with Ben, making him smile and laugh. It was great to catch up with Jes and Shaun and to see their fantastic house, right on the water. The drive home was not terrible, so I see a return trip to Solomon's when the weather is warm, the crabs are in season, and their new kitchen is all done!
 |
| Siena, age 13 |
 |
| Biz, age 8 |
 |
| Patrick, age 5 |
 |
| Jes has the magic touch! |
1 comment:
HEY!!! I know them!! :)
Post a Comment