Sunday was a great day all around! I went to Starbucks (by myself!) and got my favorite drink ever--salted caramel hot chocolate. Perfect for an 85 degree day in Tampa. Ha! Danielle's shower was at 2 in the afternoon at her sister Candace's house, so I had time to get a pedicure (by myself!). I think the part of being a Mom that is hardest for me to get used to is just never having any time to myself. I really like to be by myself (or at least I used to--I've kind of forgotten what that's like). It kind of reminds me of being on the ship during deployment--zero alone time! Except that was for six months and this is forever. (: Big thanks to the Duci family for watching Ben so that I could grab a few hours to go out by myself.
After an awesome pedicure, I went back to Candace's house to help with any last-minute preps for the shower. Danielle has a lot of people who love her--there were about 40 women (plus Ben) there to celebrate her and her first baby! We all had a great time and ate wonderful food and delicious cake. The best present was Renee's scrapbook of the first three years of Danielle's life. Everyone had tears in their eyes when she opened that present. It's good to know that I have 30 years or so to finish my boys' books because that's about how long it'll take.
 |
| This cake tasted even better than it looked! |
 |
| Frank LOVES the Yankees! |
 |
| Hard to believe that we've been friends for over 15 years! Love you, Danielle! |
3 comments:
What - no belly shots? :)
I'm so glad you girls had fun (and you got some time to yourself - that's at a premium when you're a mom).
I miss you guys!
Lesley, I thought of you a few weeks ago when I saw the salted hot chocolate sign at Starbucks. So exciting to have all that alone time! I know it felt so luxurious!
Looking forward to seeing Halloween pictures of the boys!
Love you Lesley! Thank you so much for coming to Tampa! XOXO
Post a Comment