Thursday, August 13, 2009

Breakfast Guest

Daniel and I were enjoying a nice, leisurely breakfast when we had a surprise guest show up at the back door. I think he was hoping to score an invitation inside, but that was not going to happen. Instead, we just looked at each other through the glass as he jealously watched Dan consume a delicious apple banana.

(We've seen about six peacocks in the backyard while we've been here at the rental. I guess they live in the neighborhood and just roam in and out of peoples' yards. They don't seem to bother anyone and the neighbors have even said that they'll come right up and eat out of outstretched hands. I'll take their word for it.)






Bonus points to anyone who can identify the following (modified) movie quote: "I eat (peacocks) like you for breakfast."

3 comments:

Layne said...

"You eat pieces of [peacock] for breakfast? Gross!"
Happy Gilmore :)

Lisa said...

Warning: do not play with the peacock! I'm sure Lauren has already filled you in on the co-worker's kid at the zoo. . .

~Kimberly said...

How fun!