The tournament was a week ago (that's how far behind I am) at Jean and Bob's house, coordinated by Uncle John. A fantastic time was had by all--awesome food, hilarious prizes, great weather. Just a perfect night overall! I tried to get Daniel to sleep in his pack-and-play but that plan was foiled when Gus decided to blow a whistle and then Jean blew the shofar to start the festivities. So Dan joined the fun and had a great time playing on the floor and getting carried around by everyone. He's such an easygoing little guy; he just goes with the flow.
We can't wait for the next tournament! Zach and I better not be at the same table, though, for the sake of our marriage.
Leah at the registration table:
Poor Dan had to eat cauliflower mush instead of delicious party food:
Check out school principal Maggie, not putting her hand over her heart for the national anthem:
So many wheels!
The championship round:
"Ron" receiving his prize money ($13.13) from the Tournament Co-Creator and Coordinator, John:
I guess if I couldn't win money, a wooden reindeer is a pretty great consolation prize (hopefully this guy will stay in Buffalo and we'll visit him at Christmas):
John and Dan:
6 comments:
- great coverage of the tournament. I don't think you should let Dan win either - little guys have to grow up sometime. We will plan all future tournaments around your visits. Oh, and the reindeer is fed exing it's way to Hawaii as we speak.
I've been trying to figure out what Apples-to-Apples is for a week. I saw the coverage on Jack Attack but didn't understand what exactly you guys were playing. Am I the only one this is new to?
Lisa--I had no idea about A-to-A either until I Wikipedia'ed it and read about it. It's a pretty fun word game that requires no skill at all.
I heart Apples to Apples and my husband hates it. In fact, he hates any game that is based on chance and requires no skill or strategy.
Also, when you said that Dan was an easy going guy my first thought was, "Yep, he's a military kid."
Hope you're doing well and gearing up for the move.
That is one organized board game tournament! Awesome! I may have to organize a Cranium tourney of like manner :)
I just bought Apples to Apples for Avri's b-day. Can't wait to play it!! Yippppppeeee. Cute pics!!
Post a Comment