Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Today I turned the big 3-1. Whoopity-do. (: For my birthday, Layne and I tried out this awesome new burger place called The Counter. One of its owners is Daniel Dae Kim from Lost, but we didn't see him there today. At the restaurant, we picked the kind of burger we wanted, along with all the toppings--cheese, sauce, extras, etc. I picked a veggie burger with pepper jack cheese, grilled onions, roasted red peppers, lettuce, and hard-boiled egg, with roasted garlic aioli sauce, on a honey wheat bun. Oh my goodness, it was so delicious! Layne got a 1/3 pound burger with cheddar cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, dill pickle, and pepperoncinis, on a regular bun with roasted garlic aioli sauce. She declared it the best burger she's ever had! We shared sweet potato fries and onion strings. Poor Daniel had milk and steamed zucchini.




Layne, Alex and I celebrated my birthday early with a fancy dinner at Alan Wong's about a week and a half ago (big thanks to Julie S. for babysitting the little man). Here's my dessert from that night:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you a vegetarian?? I don't remember that about you?

Melanie B.

Anonymous said...

And I don't think I ever said Happy Birthday!!! Sorry!!! Happy Birthday!!

Melanie B.

Ladners'Latest said...

Happy Birthday! That dessert looks delicious! And I LOVE sweet potato fries!

~Kimberly said...

Yum! Both burgers sound delish!! And the dessert was adorable! How fun! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I am a few days behind on catching up on my blogs! SORRY!