Yesterday and today have been uncharacteristically dreary and overcast. So when the sun decided to make an appearance late this morning, Layne, Daniel, and I hustled out to the pool. Well, hustled is probably the wrong word. We hurried as fast as we could when you consider that I had to find a swimsuit for me, a swimming diaper and trunks for Dan, get us both dressed, blow up his crazy pool floating contraption, and then get out the door. Amazingly, there was still daylight when we finally hit the pool. Both the big pool and the kiddie pool were freezing, so we floated around in the hot tub area. It wasn't very hot, so don't think that I was trying to boil the little man. It was pretty much lukewarm, like the pool is supposed to be when the weather is warm in the summer.
Daniel seemed to enjoy the water, except when I accidentally shoved his whole face in. Even then, he recovered quickly and resumed splashing and kicking. I'm very ready for the weather to really warm up (I know, I know, it is warm here, especially compared to places like Buffalo) so we can take Dan to the beach and let him play in the sand and surf.







We tried to give him a faux-hawk:
5 comments:
Wow!!! I could not be more jealous you guys are in the pool!!! Looks like a ball! And, Lesley, how did you manage to get through pregnancy with zero stretch marks??? You look FABULOUS! I think the air in Hawaii must be magical or something!
Good genes! Thanks, Mom! Seriously, I didn't go anything special--no cremes or potions. If Zach gets his wish, we're going to have at least four kids, so there will probably be some stretch marks in my future. (:
Wow sexy mama! And I must be getting more rain across town because I feel like it's been uncharacteristically crappy for weeks now! Maybe we should come move in with you!
Super jealous that you have the weather for an outdoor swim (although it was a gorgeous weekend here). At the end of last summer I "swam" in the hot tub, too, since our condo pool was freezing and it was only bathwater warm.
I did make it to the indoor pool at our neighborhood rec center this weekend for some laps. Wow, it feels awesome on the 7 month belly (and back and legs) to be immersed in water and float!!!
I miss the little buddy!! And you and Layne too, of course! :)
Post a Comment