Tuesday, November 11, 2014

USMC Birthday Ball

This year's Marine Corps Birthday Ball was our last one on active duty, since Zach is retiring next summer, and we went out with a bang!  Unlike last year, we actually knew people in the squadron this time around, plus the deployment is over, so we didn't have that hanging over our heads.  This year, the Ball was at the Hilton Bayfront in downtown San Diego and it was a really great time.  Lauren and Jesse stayed with the kids so Zach and I stayed at the hotel and went too bed way too late (11 pm).

It was wonderful to get dressed up and to have my hair and makeup done professionally.  I can't imagine when I'll have that done again for a big event.  I'll have to schedule a black-tie event at least once a year so we can look this good again.  Ha!

(The grainy pics are from my phone and the good ones are from my camera.)


With the CO's wife, Kim
With our buddy, Mike "Smack" Smith


With the XO, Maj Chris Roy, and the previous CO, LtCol Jay Holterman



With the CO's wife, Kim Giordano


With our friend, Meghan

Zach with his CO, LtCol Brett Giordano

No comments: