We moved from Hutchinson to Wichita in the summer between 8th and 9th grade. Hutchinson is the home of the Kansas Cosmosphere, an awesome space museum where I went at least once a year for school field trips and more often than that just to see IMAX movies (before every movie theater had an IMAX). Dan and Ben are really into astronauts and spaceships and planets, so I knew they would love the Cosmosphere just as much as I used to.
And I was right! My dad and Unc and I took the boys last week and they were really interested in a lot of the exhibits, especially the lunar module, the rover, an actual moon rock, and lots of other things. Their favorite thing, by far, was the space toilet and the explanation of how astronauts go to the bathroom. (Which happened to be my favorite thing as a kid too. The apple doesn't far too fall from the tree.)
No comments:
Post a Comment