Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pancakes and Tree

Dan and Ben's school had a Pancakes with Santa fundraiser on Saturday so we trekked down to support the PTA.  And to fill our bellies with pancakes.  The boys are not the best at waiting in line (in fact, they are the worst at waiting in line), so we didn't actually get our pictures with Santa.  Maybe at the squadron party on Friday.  Those are usually the best ones anyway--poorly lit hangar, overstimulated children, grease and oil everywhere.  Aaaah, Christmas!





My mom is visiting for a week so I gave Zach a belated Hanukkah present: he didn't have to come with us to get a Christmas tree!  My mom pushed Hannah in her stroller around the heated tent while the boys and I froze, looking for the perfect tree.  And before you assume that I'm a total wimp (actually a safe assumption), it WAS pretty chilly as the sun went down--45 degrees and windy.  In my defense, we were cold because I haven't broken out our winter coats so we were all just wearing jackets.  Oh, wait, that's not much of a defense.....





Here's what a $58 tree looks like in California!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hannah looks like she's already mastered the "ha ha, I'm in here, and you're out there" smirk. That's a nice looking tree! That would have set you back $85 in Chicago.