Thursday, August 22, 2013

First Day(s) of School!

Although Dan turns 5 next week and was eligible for kindergarten, we decided to wait another year.  He's definitely ready academically, but after doing a lot of research and talking with moms in similar situations, we came to the conclusion that there were more positives than negatives to waiting another year.  So Dan will be attending San Pasqual Union Preschool five mornings a week and Ben will join him on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

According to Dan, his first day yesterday was "great." Ben was a little more apprehensive this morning so I'm glad that Dan will be there to show him the ropes.  I think Ben's biggest challenge will be getting up in time to get dressed and have a good breakfast.  He is definitely not a morning person like Dan and me.  

Right now, the house is strangely quiet.  Hannah is taking her morning nap and I'm having a cup of coffee while writing this.  After a long summer of almost 100% togetherness, it's kind of nice to have a few minutes to myself.












1 comment:

Lisa said...

Um, did anyone tell Ben he was wearing a Daniel nametag? I get this feeling you and Mr. Morning, Dan, might be playing tricks on the sleepy little buddy.