Monday, March 18, 2013

A sprinkle for me!

Even though this is our third baby, I've never really had a traditional baby shower.  So my sister and my aunt were wonderful enough to throw me a little "sprinkle."  Everything was just perfect!  Layne and Aunt Earlyn did a fantastic job with the food and the decorations and the games and everything else!  Layne's new house looked great and I'm glad she got to show it off to people for the first time.

I received some much-needed presents, like a stroller base, a new diaper bag, diapers, adorable gender-neutral clothes, and lots of Amazon gift cards.  Thanks to Granny Rash, this baby will even have a new bath towel, blanket, and stuffed animal that aren't hand-me-downs.

The best presents were from Grandma Randolph--two handmade quilts, one if the baby is a boy and one if the baby is a girl.  She made four quilts each for my sisters and me (guess she really wanted 12 great-grandchildren).  Dan and Ben already have theirs, so these are the last two for me.  Maybe we'll have to have Baby #4 somewhere down the line.  Ha!

We played some fun games, none of which involved smelling chocolate bars in diapers, thank goodness.  My aunt Chris and I won the pop culture baby name quiz, mostly thanks to my amazing ability to remember useless stuff.  And since we don't know the gender of the baby, Layne found a lot of foolproof (to 50% accuracy) methods of determining gender.  I think the final outcome was GIRL, but barely.  So we'll see in just three short weeks....

I also have to mention how delicious all the food was.  Layne really outdid herself with everything, and it was all possible thanks to Aunt's financing. A true team effort made for a really special day!
















36 1/2 weeks!

No comments: