Monday, December 10, 2012

Cutting down the Christmas tree

Since Zach's out of the country for work, the boys and I high-tailed it to Wichita for the weekend.  We all needed a change of scenery (and two extra pairs of hands were a nice bonus because Dan and Ben are wearing me out!).  As an added bonus, we went to Prairie Pines to cut down the Christmas tree for my parents' house.  The weather was really nice--chilly but sunny and not windy at all.  Pretty much a perfect Kansas winter day.  

Dan insisted on carrying the saw the whole time but he was closely supervised, so please, don't call CPS on us.  It was fun to walk around checking out all the different kinds of trees.  Ben was in a grumpy mood but we mostly just ignored him when he was at his whiniest.  Dan had a great time and I'm sure Grandpa appreciated all the help when it came to actually cutting down the tree!  

(I'll put the Santa pictures on tomorrow.  Stand by for cuteness overload!)


















No comments: