Friday, November 16, 2012

Playground fun

When Dan wakes up from his afternoon nap, his first question is always, "What are we going to do now, Mommy?"  Who does he think I am, the activities director of a cruise ship?  If I had my way, I would say, "Read our books quietly on the couch while sipping hot chocolate."  Alas, that answer just doesn't seem to fly with Dan and Ben.  Luckily, the weather has been great lately--crisp, but not too cold--so we've been spending some quality time at one of the playgrounds on base.  We call it the rocket ship playground, mostly to differentiate it from the tepee playground or the merry-go-round playground or the commissary playground.  (Base probably has 10 different playgrounds, not counting all the smaller neighborhood ones!)

Since we haven't been doing very exciting things lately, I took my camera and snapped some shots.  My boys are very into climbing and doing other death-defying stunts.  So much for taking my book and reading on the bench nearby.  I have to stay close, just in case they decide to take a header into the ground!









No comments: