We've actually been back a few times since I first posted about it, but I don't always take my camera or feel like taking a ton of pictures. Since the boys love the place so much, we went ahead and got a membership, which should pay for itself after our next trip.
Dan and Ben love to sprint through the main hall of the train station to get to the room with the model trains. They would probably stay in there for two straight hours because there is so much to see. My favorite is the model train layout made entirely of Legos with a Halloween theme. I love the Lego haunted houses and the Lego trick-or-treaters. After a good half hour in there, we drag them away to our actual destination, Science City.
In there, Dan loves to watch the model roller coasters, which are small versions of the ones I grew up riding at Worlds of Fun in Kansas City. (Anyone else remember the Orient Express?) He also likes to climb on the playground and climb on the trains in the KC Rail Experience. Ben likes to build with blocks and play with the balls on the ramp. And of course they both love the dinosaur digging area. Another highlight is when an actual train goes by and they can name all the different types of cars. The whole family loves Science City!
1 comment:
That's awesome! I'll have to take Will next time we're in KC. Sounds a lot like our children's museum. A highlight there is definitely the real trains you can see out the window. Boys and trains, huh? I'm ok with perpetuating the stereotype of boy toys. I like them too!
Post a Comment