Last Thursday, Danielle and Connor arrived! And after a day in the mid-90's on Wednesday, the weather cooled down about 30 degrees and finally started to feel like autumn. The Floridians were chilly!
While Dan was at school on Friday, Danielle and I took the little boys to Cider Hill Family Farms, an apple orchard about 15 minutes outside Leavenworth. We met our other friend, Vicki, there with her daughter, Reese. The boys loved picking up the gross apples from the ground and throwing them at each other. Good thing they have bad aim! Danielle and I picked a peck of apples and then just watched the kids have fun. Connor especially loved the ducks!
So what did I do with all the apples? Put them in the slow cooker with some cinnamon, all-spice, sugar, and juice and made a delicious applesauce. But the boys ended up liking the chunks so I never mashed it into sauce, so it's more of an apple pie filling. Awesome on my oatmeal this morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment