The morning of the 27th, I took Dan outside to play a little in the snow. This boy loves to dig in the dirt and that love transferred perfectly to the snow. Unfortunately, we don't really have proper snow attire, so we couldn't stay out too long. But we had fun for a few minutes!
After playing in the snow, Dan's pants were soaked so he just went pants-less for the rest of the morning. He did manage to put on some jeans for lunch, though. He does have some manners. (:
Because the giant cranberry trifle at lunch wasn't enough, Layne and Lauren made a coconut cake for supper. They called it a birthday cake for Great Grandma, even though her birthday is January 5th. I think they were just trying to think of an excuse to make a giant cake from scratch. I bought items at the store that I've never bought before, just so they could make this cake: cake flour, coconut extract, coconut water, coconut cream, coconut milk, and coconut flakes. As Lauren and Layne were baking, we had a moment of crisis when we couldn't remember if Great Grandma even likes coconut. Crisis averted--she likes coconut (and so did everyone else)!
| We're getting ready in the laundry room so the cake will be a surprise! |
| The candles say "Lost Count." |
| Four layers of fat-free goodness. Oh, wait..... |
No comments:
Post a Comment