Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Catching up with Dan...

So what's Dan up to these days? Well, he still loves playing with anything with wheels--trucks, cars, cement mixers, etc. He will push them up and down the couch or the coffee table for a long time. He even gets frustrated when I'm sitting on the couch because that means that he has less surface area for his cars to maneuver on. So he points and grunts until I find another place to sit! He is also very into reading books, mostly about trucks, cars, cement mixers, etc. He likes to find a book and sit quietly and page through it by himself but he also likes to be read aloud to. I'm glad that he's branching out into new subjects because I was getting a little bored of the same books. He now likes Big Red Barn, so I've read that about 8 times already today.

When the weather cooperates, we love to go outside for our morning exercise walk and our afternoon mailbox walk in the wagon. After the wagon walk, Dan likes to throw small rocks down through the sewer grates because he loves the Plop! sound. He also loves to push his race car push toy up and down the driveway and all through the neighbors' yards. Today, we're stuck inside because it's pouring rain. It seems like whenever Virginia and DC are getting pummeled by snow, we get cold, dreary rain. Which I'll take any day of the week, so no complaints!

Since we're inside this afternoon, Dan is rearranging the laundry basket by taking out each dirty item, putting it on the floor, then placing each one back in the basket once it's empty. Why? Who knows and who cares? He's quiet and entertaining himself, so I'm happy!

My mom is coming tomorrow for a few days so we can all go to High Point, NC (about 4 hours away), this weekend for my Great-Aunt Helen's 90th birthday celebration. It should be lots of fun to see long-lost relatives and just to have a night away from home. High Point also happens to be the furniture capital of North Carolina (which is the furniture capital of the US), but I don't think we'll have much time to do any shopping. But you can bet I'll be looking around for ideas in case we need another trip there....

Some random pictures of Dan:



And some random videos (and now I'm all caught up!):


5 comments:

Jean said...

wonderful videos. Thanks for catching up.

Lisa said...

What is it with boys and trucks (or just things with wheels)? Will just got his first truck - a Tonka push toy - and it is his most treasured possession. He has been pushing it everywhere and into everything and everyone with such glee! I'll have to put fire truck and cement mixer toys on his birthday wish list this spring!

The furniture capital, huh? Learn something new every day. I never made it south of VA when we lived out there, so I missed out.

Lisa said...

I finally watched the videos - he looks like he's running so fast in that middle one! Is that just the video angle, or is he really racing through the house like a mad man?!

~Kimberly said...

Phew.. all caught up on you all now! Loved the car video. His little laugh is so adorable!

Mrs. Campbell said...

Love the videos and new pictures of Dan!! Still as adorable as ever!! Can't wait to see you in April! XOXO