Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hello, Santa

Last Saturday we went to Zach's hangar for a Christmas party. The helicopters had been moved out and a bouncy house, a climbing wall, and lots of other fun things were set up. The highlight was when the hangar doors slid open and a CH-53E helicopter taxied into place and Santa climbed out of the back! Dan was much more interested in the helicopter than Santa, which is just what I expected.

Before we headed over to get our picture taken with Santa, Dan enjoyed running around, especially in the area where bubble wrap had been rolled out. Dan wasn't even heavy enough to pop the bubbles but I definitely was, so every time I chased after him, it sounded like a machine gun being fired. (Blogger is not cooperating with uploading videos, but I'm sure you can just imagine the scene--me, chasing after Dan, "Dan! Dan! Dan, look over here!", pop pop pop pop. You get the idea.)


When it came time to sit on Santa's lap, Dan wasn't quite sure what to make of the fat guy in a big white beard. He didn't cry or throw a fit but he kept his eye on Santa like he didn't quite trust him. He managed to sit still for exactly one picture and then he was off again.

More pictures from the day:



P.S. Yes, I am going to get a new camera soon! The iPhone is great at lots of things but taking pictures of a moving buddy in dimly-lit hangars is not one of them.

6 comments:

Layne said...

at least the weather looks...beautiful...
haha, but I can't talk. I carved my car out of an ice block this morning.

Jean said...

I'm sure if I chased him on bubblewrap it would sound like explosions. You should be commended for your blogging efforts from a cell phone. It is greatly appreciated

~Kimberly said...

I love the bubble wrap idea! How fun! Thanks for letting my husband crash at your house for a couple nights this week! Hope he wasn't too much of a burden! ;)

The Schoellkopf Family said...

Looks like lots of fun! And he did great with Santa! Last year Jack just cried everytime we put him on a Santa's lap. We go see the big guy this weekend and I am hoping for a slightly better reception this year!

The Schoellkopf Family said...

oh and p.s. I love the mental picture of you chasing him across bubble wrap to the sounds of a machine gun . . .oh the joys of motherhood

Ladners'Latest said...

Wow it looks just like an Ugly Angel Christmas party!...except for the winter clothes :)